01 January 2008

Steph Visits!


There are only a few things that I don't like about Seattle. One the biggest issues I have with this city is the fact that my good friend Stephanie does not live here! However, this weekend, I was able to put that issue aside (temporarily, of course) because she came and visited the Emerald City!

It had been a year since I had had a Steph Lebsack hug and that is obviously way over due. That last time we saw one another I was living in Spokane and she came up to visit my roommate and I--we had all been roommates in a quaint little house in Spokane. Needless to say, I was over overjoyed to see my little Denver Nugget.

She came up for the annual Battle In Seattle basketball game played at KeyArena. The game was a bust--we lost to Tennesse (I won't bore you with my analysis of that horrendous display of athletic discombobulation). We are able to see loads of fellow GU alum--most we hadn't seen since we graduated in May of 06. At some points, I will admit, it was like sensory overload! You'd be having a conversation with someone and either A) out of the corner of your eye, you see your sophomore year lab partner who you absolutely MUST go say hi to or B) Someone sees you and attacks you before you even know who you are hugging. It was absolutely awesome!

Sunday was Steph and I's day to take on Seattle. We went up the Space Needle--something I hadn't done since the very first time I fell in love with Seattle when I was in 5th grade. We took some pictures, froze our butts off, drank some coffee and caught up, in person, 520 feet above Seattle. It was absolutely fabulous.


Monday came way to fast and I had to deposit my dear Stephanie at the airport. I'm so thankful she was able to come and visit! Now it's my turn to hit up Denver!

And finally, Happy New Year! This year, I'm throwing out resolutions and just sticking with an overall statement--make this the best year yet. This eliminates the
hard and
fast "lose 10 pounds", "eat more veggies" type of things
and allows me to adjust it to make sure
I'm doing what I need to do to make it great in 08.

Cheers to you in this New Year!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

skinny bitch. love you :)

em said...

love the night lit space needle-awesome pic!