23 January 2008

Reason No. 395756 Why I Love Seattle


When I drive to work in the morning, I have the windshield of my car full of mountains. Now, I know I’m a girl from Montana, but the city I’m from has nothing like what Seattle has. As I’m zipping down I-5, Each way I look I see them. On my left, I have a dark outline of the mountains set against a bright orange sky. To my right, I have the rocky tops of the Cascade Range, covered in snow, set against the backdrop of a dark sky. And, hopefully, on a good day, I have Mt. Rainer staring straight back at me. It doesn’t even matter how little sleep I got the night before, or what I have to do that, I can’t help but smiling.

Even when I’m driving home, as I come off I-5, I have the mountains in my window.

For me, this is where true beauty lies. It’s not on the tv, the shopping malls, or the magazines. It is the majestic mountains that encircle this city I call home.

1 comment:

em said...

i second that thought :) i've seen a lot of places in the world but this is one of the most beautiful!