26 April 2008

A Page Is Turned

Yesterday was my final day at mbi.

And now I sit with Gilda Radner's quote "Delicious Ambiguity" ringing in my head. It's amazing to me the amount of emotions that are running through my mind right now. On one hand, I'm so excited to have the opportunity to dive into Starbucks 103%. On the other hand, I am absolutely terrified. I've learned to live quite nicely on my 2 paychecks for the past year. And now I'm down to one. And there are no guarantees. Not that I want a guarantee--guarantees are for people who don't want to work for what they get. I'm ready to work. I'm ready to earn it. I'm ready to prove it. I guess I'll chalk it up to a calculated risk. And then I'm back at excitement because I think about all the time that I'm going to have when I get off at 12:45p. Running. Hiking. Kayaking.Soaking up the sun. Doing my laundry in one day. Enjoying time with friends. Etc. Etc. Etc. This summer is going to be full of so many adventures!

My last day at mbi was very nice. I felt sort of embarrassed at all the attention I received. From the minute I walked in to find that my desk had been toilet papered, I knew that Friday was going to full of surprises. And it was. My Account Manager, Elton brought cupcakes from Cupcake Royale. Michele and Krista had a bagel party for me, Elton bought pizza for lunch, Michele got me flowers, and then we all went out after work for dinner/drinks and a movie. I was never in love with my job. That much I know. I found the difficulty in leaving was leaving the people that I shared so much of my time with for the past year. And Friday further proved that point.




And so now I find myself ready to embark on my next journey. My time at mbi was not wasted--I learned alot about myself, what it takes to work with lots of different people, and most importantly I learned that not only can I do something that I love, but that I NEED to do something I love. Getting out of bed for a job that neither excites you or fulfills you is not worth it. And I had the opportunity to meet some great people--including a friendship that I know will extend beyond Aeron chairs and ped files.

Some Stories Don't Have A Clear Beginning, Middle, and End.
Life is About Not Knowing, Having to Change, Taking the Moment and Making the Best of it,
Without Knowing What's Going To Happen Next.
Delicious Ambiguity.........

No comments: