12 April 2008

Jump!

I quit my job on Monday!

I had made the decision to do it about 1 week or so ago, but I hadn't actually put the ball in motion because I hadn't told my boss yet. So Monday afternoon I mustered my courage and broke the news to my boss. She took it really well--made me feel good about the time I spent at mbi.

It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders! I feel so good knowing that I am taking positive steps towards doing something that I love. April 25th is my last day at mbi and I'll start full time at 'bucks on the 28th. I am super excited to be able to dedicate 100% of my energy to my store instead of the random nights and weekends I've been doing. My store manager is stoked, my assistants are happy and I'm estatic! I'm going to be learning to much in the next couple of months--from how to run a business, build relationships, navigating a new schedule and finding out exactly what I'm made of!

To start off, it won't be glamorous. I'll still be just a shift supervisor slinging coffee 40 hours a week, but I know that with my hard work and dedication my efforts will pay off.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congrats Jen! I am so proud of you for following your dream and doing what makes you happy! I will have to come to Seattle and get coffee from my favorite barista. PS Remind me to tell you how I literally almost got raped at Starbucks today. No kidding. Don't worry, not Starbucks fault. You'll understand when I tell you the story.