31 March 2008

Must See Movie




I said I would do a Book of the Moment. This could technically
fall under this category, because it was a book before it was a movie.

This weekend I netflixed Atonement. I'm real glad I did. This is one
of the better movies I've seen in a LONG time. It was very different
from most movies--the story is told in a very unconventional way. The
story unfolds in a series of flashbacks, flash forwards and coulda,
shoulda, woulda's. Keira Knightley is fantastic in this movie, as is
the man that plays opposite her, James McAvoy.

The plot is simple: it's about a lie told by a 13 year old and how that lie changes the lives of her sister, a boy named Robbie and consequently, hers as well.

It's turns out to be a heartbreaking story, and it is beautifully told
and superbly acted.

I am not one to quickly label a movie as a favorite, but this sits
up there with The Shashank Redemption as one of my favorite movies.

No comments: