25 March 2008

Going Through the Motions

I've found the past two weeks to be excruciating! It's been increasingly difficult to get out of bed in the morning and go to a job that I no longer enjoy, knowing that my heart and my future are somewhere else. I'm stuck in this 'hurry and wait' stage and it's killing me! Sometimes, I think I'm like Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: 'Daddy I want a golden goose and I want it NOW!' I must remind myself that patience is a virtue. It's also bitter, but its fruit sweet.

I found a good quote in my book this weekend and it is now plastered around to remind myself:

Never think that God's delays are God's denials.
Hold on;
Hold fast;
Hold out.
Patience is genius.


And next Tuesday could very well be one of the greatest moments of my career and possibly my life.

No comments: