27 December 2007

Twas the Week After Christmas






Well, Christmas is over. The packages have been unwrapped. The baking has been devoured. And the tinsel has dimmed. But Baby Jesus lives on!

Today I returned to the love of my life, Seattle. My time at home was eventful and relaxing. I took some pictures of a Neill Christmas.

Enjoy.

This is from the Annual Neill Christmas Party. Basically Whitney only agrees to come every year because my mother makes the worlds best spinach dip.

I'm not sure Whitney and I are capable of taking a normal picture.
We tried.
For some reason, I find it extremely amusing to pose for 'Senior Pictures' at all times. The game goes like this: at any time in life, no matter the person, place or time, if I call out "SENIOR PICTURE', one must drop what they are doing and strike a senior portrait pose. Some are more creative than others, but each are equally hilarious. This is Danielle, Whitney and I's attempt at the Friends Senior Picture that everyone was so fond of:
Moving on from the party, here is the beautiful table my amazing mother put together for our Christmas dinner:
My 8 year old niece had a rough Christmas. This year she only received 39447878 gifts:
And then Sean and I further prove the point that I am incapable of taking a serious photo.

Christmas truly is a great time of year and it is with a heavy heart that I pack my Kenny G and Celine Dion Christmas cds. I hope everyone had a joyous Christmas with their families! One more thing--my father wanted me to post the video of his decorations for the house this year. He has a tendency to go over the top, but we like it:


1 comment:

Whitney said...

Ah the all American Griswald family Christmas. I was so delighted to be a part of it again this year!! Highlights of the Neill family Christmas party:

1) Sherry Neill's spinach dip. Duh.

2) Michael’s closeted drinking problem exposed. Scandal!

3) Cracker mix

4) Whitney's never imagined, must have been photoshoped, cleavage shot (which to my disappointment was not posted here).

5) Tom & Jerrys

6) Witnessing the theft above all thefts. The Holy Grail of writing instruments: 8 year old Michael’s High school Musical Pen - stolen by 24 year old Aunt Jen (who, by the way, is Michael’s 2nd favorite – loosing first place, only by a hair, to Uncle Shawn).

7) Embracing my beautiful, bear hug loving, friend Jen aka: Marrissa/Charolette/Dwight.

PS: I suffered a minor seizure upon viewing the highlights from this years Christmas lights. I will be sending my Doctors bill shortly.