22 October 2007

Puppy Love

I've fallen in love. And with that picture above, how can you not? I am in love with puggles. Tonight Jodie and I went to Green Lake and it did nothing to help my puppy love. First off, I have to admit, in my previous trips to Green Lake I've gotten myself into some awkward situations--once I lock my eyes on a puggle, I lose all motor skills. I've nearly run into numerous trees, stroller, joggers, walkers, rollerbladers, bikers etc--you get the picture. But tonight was the worst! I'm not even exaggerating when I say that there was 5 puggles at Green Lake tonight. And one of those puggles was a puggle puppy. It was all I could not to maul the little guy. And to make matters worse, we past the owners twice and I'm almost positive the girl thought I was totally checking out her boyfriend!
Last week I was laying on my couch with a cup of hot tea, my classical music playing and a book in my hand. Now, before I was puggle struck, this would have been an ideal Sunday afternoon for me. But as I sipped my tea and turned the pages, I couldn't help but imagine how much better this situation would have been with a warm, snuggly puppy curled up with me. I find myself even thinking of names. Bella? Dublin? Jack?


Only time will tell.......


Happiness is a warm puppy. ~Charles M. Schulz

1 comment:

em said...

ADORABLE...puppies always make life better! :)