07 October 2007

Is This Thing On?


I'm starting a blog.


I'm not sure who is going to read it or even what I'm going to write about. My wild hair idea to start a blog is real selfish actually. Putting things into words helps to smooth out the bumps that life consistently throws at you. And as I find myself wandering through this crazy little thing called life, I realize that I am more clueless that I ever though possible. No amount of education or preparation could ever help me understand life without that safety net that I grew so accustomed to having.


I've lived without that proverbial net for a year and a half and I swear, I just keep falling. Falling towards what definitely differs on a daily basis. But at the same time that this fall is scary, gut wrenching and challenging, it has also provided me the rare opportunity to not only step outside the box, but literally move into a completely different box all together. And while I'm quick to jump to the conclusion that this has been the hardest transition of my life, I don't think I would change the road I've taken to get where I am today--just don't ask where that is. I know I'm on the road and I pray I'm on the map. It's a double edged sword, you see: I'm terrified and exhilarated by the same thing--the unknown. Having a clean slate that will become my future.


I am fan of quotes--I have a handwritten quote book that I am constantly filling with great quotes about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. So I will end every post with a quote that I feel sums up the rambling I've blurted out all over my keyboard. Here's the first:


"When we long for a life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure."

-Peter Marshall, in prayer.

No comments: