26 November 2008

The Thanksgiving Post

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and it is the holiday that calls us to remember all the things and people in our lives that we are grateful for. And as I examine my life I think I need way more than just a day to think of all the blessings I have in my life. I've decided to boil it down to the 2 things that I am thankful for every single day--family and friends.

1. Family
Even if this is my first Turkey Day away from my family, it still makes me realize how much I love my big family. It will definitely not be the same without Sherry, Greg and the rest of the clan. My family has always been supportive of my goals, my dreams, my hopes. Without them supporting me, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had the courage to live my life as my own life. And while it is hard for me to be nearly 1000 miles away from them on a daily basis, I do cherish them and miss them on a daily basis.






2. Friends
"Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold this world together." When I take a brief moment to think of the friendships I have in my life, old and new, I am in awe at the caliber of people that I am fortunate enough to call my friends. I don't think I deserve these compassionate, genuine, intelligent, hilarious people, but I am so thankful they let me be a part of the story of their lives. These past 2 years have separated me from the handful of friends that I love and it's been hard not to have your best friend across the hall, up the stairs or down the street. But it is in distance that I realize how close these people are to me. I miss them everyday and I thank God for trusting with such amazing people to call my friends. And while I've been missing the people I've known for years, I've also had the opportunity to meet new friends and work on building new relationships. And thus far, I've been fortunate in meeting some incredible people out here and they've been such an integral part of me establishing my life here in Seattle.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Nothing made my day more then seeing that picture of the fun party at your house! Just wanted to let you know that I am thankful for your friendship too!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU JEN NEILL!!!