07 July 2008

Kayaking!

Sunday afternoon I met up with some friends from mbi and we took the waves of Lake Union via kayaks. Let me just come right out and say it: it was absolutely fantastic.

It was great to see the gals from mbi. I've really missed seeing them since I left and I admittedly haven't done a very good job of staying in contact with them, so it was so wonderful to meet up and just hang out again.

And kayaking is easily my favorite activity. I seriously do not do it enough. Every time I get that little boat on the water, a huge grin takes over my face and I just feel like I could row to the end of the world in it!

Additionally, it just makes me love this city so much when I get to see it from Lake Union. I think I repeatedly shouted above the sound of the waves, the sailboats passing and speed boats zipping by that 'this is living'! It really is!

Needless to say, being on the water on Sunday and the company that joined me, I was one happy kayaker! Here are some pictures from the day on the lake:

Mairead and Emily gearing up:

My tandem boat partner, Kristin:

Mairead conquering the lake:
Emily & Kristin:

No comments: