01 February 2009

I Can Be A Grace Seeker

Tonight I tagged along with a friend to Mars Hill to hear the dynamic Mark Driscoll speak. That man is an amazing speaker-truly is captivating.

So tonight, we were going over 1 Peter 1:13-21 and Pastor Mark was unpacking Peter's words. While many things really struck me, there is one thing that I wanted to blog about specifically:
God drops grace into our life as a sign of hope
And to be transparent, I must admit he changed what I thought my definition of hope was tonight. He defined hope as "a confident certainty". We must place our faith and hope in God (1 Peter 1:21) because if we put it elsewhere we will be disappointed.

Mark then asked the million dollar question: Where is God's grace in your life? The simple answer is everywhere. The harder part is thoughtfully examining and seeing where in my life God's good grace has truly touched me.

I don't have an answer tonight. Well, I could have some sort of thrown together answer. But this week, I am going to be a grace seeker. I am going to go through this week with 'grace goggles' on and truly see the grace in my life.

No comments: