19 February 2009

Grace.

Grace is God's unmerited favor. That is, grace is God doing good for us that we do not deserve.

I've always believed that to be the definition of grace. And I am fully aware of God's grace in every aspect of my life.

It just wasn't until this week that I experienced that level of grace exchanged between myself and another human being.

So I messed up pretty bad this week. I admitted my guilt to the offended party, amid tears and sheer embarrassment. It was hard, but it was definitely the right thing to do. And you know what they did? They forgave me. Said it was okay. They didn't even hesitate. Seconds after the truth spilled from my mouth, they forgave me. Not even a minute, hour or day to let it sink it. Forgiveness--just like that.

Talk about being in awe of grace.

But I'm having one small problem. I can be pardoned from my sins by the people I committed them against. Because of God's mercy, I do not receive the judgment of God against my sins.

But I'm having trouble forgiving myself.

1 comment:

Jodie said...

i love you. i just had a super long day and read your blog and it got better. thanks. :)