10 December 2008

Recharge?

When my phone battery is low, it beeps at me.

When my Ipod battery is low, I get a message window that informs me that I have 20% battery left. If I wait long enough, it will tell me I have 10% battery left.

When my computer battery is low, I get both a message and a beep to let me know I'm running on empty.

But what about me? When do I know that my battery is low? My tank is almost empty? That I'm running on fumes? I don't have a beep. I don't have a message box. I don't have a warning. And I can't just plug myself into the wall, wait an hour or so and be recharged.

I have 8 days before I can 'recharge'. I can't wait to get home to 2021 Wentworth Drive, collapse in my mom's reading chair, drink a Tom and Jerry and just enjoy being home. No 3:15a wake up calls, no action items, no unruly customers, no difficult conversations with partners. Just Mom. Just Dad. Fresh baked bread. Hugs. Lots of laughs. Hopefully some snow. Mass in the 4th row with the entire family. Eating spinach dip with Whitney. Having a roommate, even if it's my 9 year old niece!

The week I spend at home will be my recharge. And I am definitely in need of a recharge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a great way to recharge - got this from Melissa's blog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilIo-7gWFms

Watch it - you'll thank me.

LOVE YOU!