29 December 2008

Adorable

My 9-year old niece, Micheal, has started a delightful tradition of her own every Christmas. Starting last year, she spends one day of shopping at the $1 Store to get a gift for all guests that will be joining us for the holidays. Last year, I received a stuffed animal with the following explanation: "Auntie you live alone and I worry about you. This stuffed animal will keep you company".

This year the gift was equally as adorable.

A little background information. Micheal and I are 'roommates' whenever I go home for a visit. We sleep in my bedroom at my parent's house that has 2 twin beds, me in one and her in the other. Micheal absolutely loves being called my roommate and looks forward to having her roomie home. Truth be told, I don't mind it either! We always go to bed at the same time and because I read when I go to bed, she does the same. The nights leading up to Christmas I read my bible and then wrote in my journal. .Christmas rolls around and I saved her gift for last. This darling little 9 year old had tucked away in the gift box a new composition notebook and a new set of pens. She came over to me and said "This is for when your journal fills up. You're gonna need a new one" and then she politely added "these are my favorite pens. and I made sure there was a purple one".

No comments: