16 September 2008

Promotion!

I quit my job as a project coordinator on April 25, 2008 with the intention of pursuing my Starbucks career full time. My hope was to become an assistant store manager.

Today is September 16, 2008 and as of last Friday I have obtained that goal. I am now the assistant store manager at Starbucks Store 3402--Lake City Way and 120th. And quite honestly, I could not be more happy.

While it is still very fresh and I'm not sure it's really hit me yet, I am so excited for this next step. By staying at the store I started at I am able to stay with my store manager, Erin, who has the capacity to teach me so many things. And I will be a sponge for her knowledge and experience. She has been instrumental in getting me to the place I am today and I'm so honored that she wanted to hold on to me as her ASM.

I took a big risk by quiting that other job, but my risk has paid off with huge rewards. I am working a job that I enjoy, for a company I love and with people I admire.

Simple as that.

Sincerely,
Jennifer Neill
Assistant Store Manager
Starbucks Coffee Company

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats Jen! I am so excited for you! I am coming to Seattle next month and am specifically stopping by your store to see you and that black apron in action!

em said...

congrats, jen! huge accomplishment!

Maggie said...

Congrats Jen!! This is awesome!

Gina said...

Sounds like the job interview went really well then! : ) Glad you got it! Also, wonderful talking to you the other day!!!