30 October 2008

Meet Stanley


I'd like you all to meet Stanley. Stanley is my 'dog'. He came to me in an interesting fashion. Let me explain...

My dear grandmother has a knack for picking up cute little knick-knacks to decorate her house. Seriously, if there is some sort of decoration that can sit on the floor, the edge of the coffee table, or the entertainment stand, Darlene Henderson has it. This is where Stanley originated. On one of my visits home from school I was over at my grandparents house and while sitting on the floor (I haven't graduated to furniture or moved up from the kid's table yet) I noticed this little be-spectacled dog peaking out from behind the davenport (old people term for sofa). I had to get in for a closer look. By the time that I had completely taken in this little nugget I was, not even kidding, rolling on the floor laughing. At the time, he was adorned in a santa hat and santa coat. My grandmother heard the ruckus and went on to explain that dear ol' Stanley actually has 13 rotating outfits that he dawns depending on the time of year.

From that moment on, each time that I went to my grandparents house, little Stanley would be there to greet me with a season appropriate outfit. And I would erupt into a fit of laughter. Every time. I'm not even exaggerating.

So, when my parents came for their annual August visit this past summer my grandma had sent a little package with Sherry and Greg. And what was in the little box? My little nugget Stanly and his entire wardrobe! God bless Darlene.

Stanley has found his place quite nicely in apartment 209. Currently he wearing his rainslicker--I do live in Seattle! I pledge that I will always keep you updated on the current fashion trend of my little Stanley.

With the holidays around the corner, I have a feeling there will be quite a few changes......

No comments: