12 October 2008

Fall Hike

"I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house. So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air."
Nathaniel Hawthorne


Today was spent the best way I know how to spend a day--outdoors! And I can't even begin to describe how perfect today was for a brisk fall hike! Laurel and I hit I-90 early this morning and found our way to the Mt. Margaret trailhead. We both took lots of pictures--some amazing views of the surrounding mountains, a few lovely pictures of the leaves starting to change and a few more of the beautiful scenery.

Mt. Rainier decided to hide behind a cloud all day:

Check out those colors:
Our final destination, Lake Margaret:
Laurel and Lake Margaret:
Snow littered a few parts of the trail:
The cool ice crystal things that actually grow up from the ground:
Laurel and Jen:
Mt. Stuart in the distance:
I heart fall!

This was definitely a good hike--9 miles to be exact. We got to eat some amazing wild blueberries, had the first snowball fight of the season and just generally enjoyed Mother Nature's unmatched pristine beauty.

I've often said that I see God the most in the time I spent outdoors witnessing his magnificence and with that in mind, I found myself perfectly satisfied with how I spent my Sunday....

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hey! I know that Laurel! It looks like a great hike. Wish I could have joined you!