19 August 2008

Parentals Visit!

Greg and Sherry made their annual weekly visit to the Emerald City this past week. It is definitely something that I look forward all summer long! They come and literally take over my 697 square foot apartment and I sleep on the hide-a-bed in my living room. But I absolutely love having them here.

This visit was a bit different because my 9-year-old niece Michael came along for the adventure. And because of this pint size addition we did a few more touristy activities as this was little Michael's first trip to a big city. Which was great because I got to a few things I had never done either.

We did the Ride the Ducks tour. It was pretty fun even though I was a bit hesitant to do the whole hybrid-water-land-automobile thing- the way I see it is do one thing and do it well. But Michael really enjoyed it and I learned a few things about Seattle as well.

Once we returned to dry land, we hit up the icon of the city, the Space Needle:

We headed down to the waterfront to check out life at the Seattle Aquarium. It was my first time and it was pretty awesome. We got to catch the feeding of the resident octupus, Everett. And my favorite were the little otters. They were so cute!


The highlight of our little tour de Seattle was I finally got to the see the famed trolled that appeared in my favorite movie, 10 Things I Hate About You
They left this past Monday and my apartment seems so empty and quiet! As usual, we had a really fun time just hanging out. My mother deep cleaned my apartment and cooked some great meals.

There is only one thing that I hate about living in Seattle.
And that is that my parents don't live here.

No comments: