19 February 2008

Beantown!



My long awaited trip to Boston to see Whitney has come and gone. It seemed to take forever to get here and then when it finally arrived, it zipped by. But my little 4 day trip to the East Side allowed me to fall in love with yet another city, experience a new taste of Americana and see what life is like for Whit.

Friday night started out great--with lots of laughter. Whitney got us some tickets to a comedy club down at Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market. The comedian was KathleenMadigan from Last Comic Standing.She was absolutely hilarious. She comes from a big Catholic family and her entire act was based on making fun of them and our religion. It was very entertaining.

Saturday we went to go check out the Samuel Adams Brewery. It was a perfect marriage of two of my favorite things--beer and factories. It was kind of hard to find, as you can clearly see the confusion I was having while trying to find the brewery that was tucked in a residential neighborhood:
We got a tour of the facility, learned a little about the patriot Samuel Adams and most importantly, we go to taste some beer!
As usual, Whitney looking elegant as she samples the Boston Lager. We tried 3 beers--the Boston Lager, the Winter Lager and the final one, my favorite, the espresso stout. They let the beer sit on espresso beans! I thought I was in heaven with the beer and factory thing, but then to make an espresso beer in a factory? I almost needed CPR. Here I am lovingly enjoying my espresso brew:





The Samuel Adams Brewery was a great place to visit and start our day off. And of course, Jen was able to add another pint glass to the collection.

The rest of the time we spent hanging out (afterall, I went to Boston to see Whitney), eating a fun restaurants with fun names like 'The Barking Crab' and just exploring the little tidbits of history that surround Boston. Checked out the campus of Harvard (I still love good ol' GU--no worries) and I definitely purchased a Harvard sweatshirt from the bookstore. A girl can dream, right?

All in all, a GREAT trip. I absolutely loved Boston. And it was so great to see Whitney and spend the weekend with her. Sorry, but I didn't take alot of pictures.....

No comments: